PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The system will not allow it.....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 14:47
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Paxboy + Gibon - Hartington has a point.

In the past I've had to fly from Heraklion to London. When booking I saw there were 2 flights over an hour apart. The 9 pm flight to Luton was my preferred flight but more expensive. The 11 pm flight to Gatwick looked grim but was cheaper.

I paid for the later and cheaper flight. The night before flying to the UK I saw on the web Easyjet still had seats on the earlier flight available. Next evening, went to airport at 8 pm, had booking changed to earlier flight for free and got flight I originally wanted but at the lower price.

Now when booking Easyjet flights to the UK, if a later flight is cheaper I always book it, in the knowledge that no shows mean there are usually a few seats spare. Sure there will be times I get caught out, but the booking on the later flight guarantees me passage to London anyway. Great way to save cash on airfares, but trashes Easyjet's yield mamagement system.

Easyjet should offer a 'catch an earlier flight home for free' only when it's in the airline's interest (ie later flight is [almost] overbooked or last minute sales are likely) - otherwise too easy for people like me to game the system

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 23rd Oct 2013 at 14:57.