PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building USA - (Master thread)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 11:25
GAZ45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would second Chandler Air Service.

I have recently returned from flying nearly 70 hours. There was a guy staying in the school accommodation who used a push bike to get back and forth the airport as he didn’t drive (its one straight road although probably a 25 minute cycle). Also if you go on ‘air b’n’b’, you can find even cheaper accommodation that’s really close to the airport.

If you are planning to go to CAE Oxford for the waypoint modular programme then I would definitely suggest Chandler as it is in Phoenix airspace. When I was there I flew in and out of Oxford Goodyear airport – got to check out the OAA school there, and got to know the local airspace and popular routes, which I’m sure will help for the CPL/MEP that you do out there with Oxford.

Instruction is great at Chandler. Aircraft availability is good because they never seemed to overbook the flight rental aircraft and they have a reasonably sized fleet. They train on Warriors but use Cherokees for rental usually (as they are the cheapest). I never had issues with availability. I completed 70 hours in 4 weeks.

Oh and remember.... a lot of US schools quote hourly rates without tax added!

Any more questions feel free to PM.