PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top of the World: photos from Nepal
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 08:48
Vertical Freedom

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Angel B47 & H269C

Hey nuthin
The L4 has the HA tail rotor and it is very nice. Same authority you get use to with the 350 but still likes to point into wind like any Bell.

G'day Gemini Twin - Mate the 206 capability truly is underrated. Ow please Lord deliver me a C20R so I may land at Base Camp (~19,000')
Thanks for the positive words As for the SLS????? hmmmm next question bring the 206 back into production

Namaste Ye Olde Pilot hehehehe Brother I mustered in 47's & 269's - REAL (& safe) Helicopters
Here is a man happy in his job with no 'Look at me I'm a helicopter captain' nonsense.

No flying suit and bone dome visor Top Gun arrogance. I've seen so many 206 guys doing the helicopter hero attitude so the picture below sums up why I like VF and his approach to what I imagine is one of the toughest flying jobs on the planet.

A complete lack of corporate uniform/white shirt with epaulettes,hi viz jacket etc.

What we have here is a pilot who takes on a challenge day out and loves it.

The Kapitain Klown suite complete with gold tosser bars ain't gonna help the Pilot fly any better, just massage his/her ego & maybe pull some Chicks (maybe)? Here in this environment I; fuel/defuel, load/unload PAX, load/unload cargo, clean the machine, the windows, vomit & blood, do a DI, turnaround inspections, top up the oils, fuel filter change, put her to bed, oh & fly some too the Helicopter Pilot's job is a dirty job where an Airline Pilot's attire is never appropriate, nor called for

Happy Landings

Last edited by Vertical Freedom; 23rd Oct 2013 at 08:50.