PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airprox over Central Scotland
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 07:43
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slipandturn

Fully agree with what you write, had my problems with some contents of the report too.
Well, I consider myself also being one of those "ATC Dinosauers", but as was mentioned before the basics havenīt changed !
Clearing two flights to the same FL and heading for the same fix at or almost at similar time overhead, was and is an absolute NO GO !!
I have my serious doubts that this conflicting clearance for FL 340 was coordinated correctly, as is stated in the report. Who in heaven would agree on such a flaw knowingly ??
I also see the second violation of separation as the more serious one. Hopefully, the two crews at least had each other in sight ??
Finally the question must be raised wether or not the reception of the avoidance clearances was as clear received and understandable as is assumed in the report. Obviously there is another "sleeping flaw".
Wether this was a "newsworthy" incident or not is not what raised so many comments. Itīs the way those press and news sharks have prepared it for the common public that causes my anger too!!