PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four day "Gabfest" at Merimbula.
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2003, 04:47
axiom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBT;

it really worries me when you attack people who see a problem for what it is and not some sort of incantation brought about by the wasted ranks of those caught by CASA.

Obviously you haven't to date or don't expect to be.

I haven't stuck my hand out for anything, simply running through a few suggestions.

Recall my tractor rollover bars put up by the NSW Govt?

You want me to agree that all laws are good laws when simply they are NOT.

You want me to agree that things are actually happening to enhance aviation safety in this country when we still have CASA kicking heads instead of identifying a problem, analysing the problem and fixing the problem.

A point in question:

About 6 years ago, CASA advised the Deputy Prime Minister, The Chairman of the CASA Board and the Commonwealth Ombudsman, (and I believe still have a question on notice to the Senate estimates hearing), that CAR schedule 5, "is possibly not relevant to the inspection standards of tube and fabric aircraft in annual/ 100 hourly inspections.

Bear in mind that a simple part reversal of the old major inspection practices of inspection panels would have brought about a resolve in the matter, TO THIS VERY DAY CASA HAVE NOT WAVERED FROM THE CAR schedule 5 that cost me so dearly and remains a very serious safety issue.

Read that as PEOPLE CAN STILL GET KILLED BY THESE COWBOYS who are more intent on making rules to protect their Ars$ than actually looking after your well being.

I had CASA engineers taking bets on how far I could have flown before I killed myself when a defective aircraft was signed out (by mail), by a mate of a mate in CASA.

But I'm sick and tired of trying to talk to people who simply won't listen. Find out for yourself if you can afford it.