PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO license transfer to UK CAA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 16:01
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and every time your application bounces, the CAA will charge you the courier fee to return your application to you.

If only they would contact me by e-mail or phone, explaining the problem, and giving me the option: They retain my application while I gather and submit whatever additional paperwork is needed, or return the whole application to me so that I can try again later.

With deadlines looming (fortunately the IMC deadline has now been extended) and the CAA taking their sweet time to respond to queries about rejected applications, I can well imagine people getting very upset with the whole process.

And then there's the minor things. For example, when your licence needs to be converted to EASA, the application needs to include a *certified* copy of your ratings revalidation page. Certified by an EASA examiner or solicitor. Even though all the information on the ratings revalidation page is known to the CAA, because for each revalidation the proper form (1119) has been submitted. Given that everything on that page is know to the CAA already, can I send in an uncertified copy? "No", according to the CAA.