Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 10:45
nigel osborne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAT 111

Yes its very frustrating.

The bottom line seems clear here.

BHX allegedly have the 8th highest joint handling/landing charges in Europe,and more than twice that of MAN.

I assume they are not in a position to lower them much if they want to stay in the black.

ATNOTTS

That leads me on to your point about glass half full.

I think in terms of full fare airlines think you are right. Our main business routes continue to grow and although we probably cannot support many 3 class routes long haul,can see some expansion possible with 2 class machines of 787-8 size.

I can also see some expansion possible in Europe with full fare airlines.Also more airlines like TAP and perhaps Finnair as our economy recovers

However for low cost if BHX is unable to drop its charges I just don't see a major expansion possible.

With changes in their timetable Ryan Air may be down to just 2 full based at BHX this winter. Easy Jet have repeated they are not interested only a few weeks ago. Jet 2 have no plans for a new UK base their CEO said only last week.

That just leaves Norwegian , if they stay away from BHX and expand as strongly rumoured out of MAN.. then that leaves us with crumbs to fight over.

Nigel

Last edited by nigel osborne; 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:46.