PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USB Charging, Vapourisers (e-cigs) and alcohol
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 08:46
red zebra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cannot agree with you there Blue Tui, the amount of heat generated by an electronic device in use is a great deal more than if it is left simply charging purely because when on charge there is just a trickle current going to the battery, when the device is in use the main processor, memory, graphics processor and screen are all operating, all drawing a much higher current than when simply on charge and therefore generating much greater heat. Not blaming you but whoever came up with that idea got the maths wrong I think.
I also agree with Sid on the whole e-cig issue, I don't have the funds to turn left on boarding so I have to, on occasion, have to put up with drunken behaviour, yet those that want a quiet vape are not permitted as this may upset someone else. I realise this may now be policy but doesn't mean I agree with it.
As for CC, wouldn't do your job for a brass clock, just a shame your proper job of maintaining the health & safety of the cabin too often gets overlooked.