PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Milan-JFK assault
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 08:14
Alconguin Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a pilot who has worked for both a US major and Emirates I am here to tell you that the two airlines are not even in the same league. Emirates has a lot to live up to and we all know it will never get there.
The pay believe it or not is comparable but Emirates is a little lower. However when you include eveything working for a US carrier is far better. The quality of life, working conditions, treatment and overall experience leaves Emirates in the rear view mirror.
As an American saying the salary in the sand is tax free is comletely false, 100%. I am fairly accurate in my accounting and I paid almost $40,000 last year, yes that is US dollars. I don't get to deduct anything while living overseas as I could if I lived in the states so there is a strong case that I actually pay more taxes living in Dubai then I would living in the states.
I am working far more hours in crazier times than I would back home no matter what airplane I was flying, even for a non-major airline.
I am hoping that with the resignations coming up and some pilots in the pool saying No to Emirates that maybe things will change here. Do you think I am realistic or am I on drugs?