PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatic Headsets
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 07:59
Very Sneaky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, sorry about bumping such an old thread but I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere.

I'm looking at getting a new headset, and the choice at the moment is down to the Bose A20, Lightspeed Zulu 2 or Lightspeed PFX. However, one of the main considerations for my choice is the ability to stay on my head during aerobatics. So far, having tried the Bose and Zulu 2 on, it doesn't appear as though any have the necessary clamping force to achieve this. On top of this, I haven't found it easy to find chin strap or mesh helmets that are made to fit either of these headsets. I suppose my question from all of this is whether anybody knows of any mesh helmets/chin straps that will be suitable and where they are available, or short of that a way to remedy this problem!

I should note that I'm leaning toward the Lightspeed headsets due to their ability to record communications to an iPhone via bluetooth for use in homemade videos, and so something that would suit them would be preferable. That said, if it comes down to it I guess external recording devices aren't out of the question.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

VS