PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airprox over Central Scotland
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 07:57
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ontimeexceptACARS...Tenerife runway vs Zagreg mid air

I read you mate! But some walked away from that Tenerife cockup (PanAm)..a mid air collission is more severe..only in this case smaller crafts were the subject...Trident and. DC9...I was therefore referring to the severity rather than absolute numbers perished.You have a point though..relative speaking!

In terms of absolute comparisons..ofcourse it resembles the Tenerife disaster..similar types and categories involved...conflicting course, R/T cockups, possible CRM deficiencies...only major difference is..it took place is first world airspace with supposedly first class airline pilots..with ELP 6 transmissions no doubt! Its like we have not learn anything after over 3 decades! I think it is a good idea to incorporate a more realistic ATC/Traffic scenario rather than have SFI mimicking ATC..to have multi dimentional scenarios with conflicting ATC instructions for the crew to react to...to sharpen situation awareness...and during failures management phase at that!Also to have provisions in CVRs to be able to extract data during any requested time frame during the flight captured.

Last edited by Trackdiamond; 22nd Oct 2013 at 08:24.