PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Milan-JFK assault
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 06:30
Likeitis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty sure what tomcat quoted was without the DC fund and 401(k) which as of the first of the year will be 16%. To the one who brought up the pension childish remark, only Fedex and Ups have traditional DC pensions any longer. The rest are very similar to EK's but with higher contributions and a vastly greater selection of investment vehicles.

And why won't it last? With the soft pay built into the swapa contract just about every pilot there I know credits over 100 hours, and most are around 110/month, and fly on average 83 hours/month. It's been that way for as long as I can remember and LUV is one of if not the most profitable airlines in history. Friend of mine's W2 from 2012 was $156.7k as a 7th year FO while flying 804 hours. Plus close to $15k into his 401(k). Yes he pays taxes but I think paying taxes in any country with real laws, history, seasons and not stuck in the largest collection self absorbed, vain people who walk around with a undeserved sense of accomplishment is well worth it.