PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Milan-JFK assault
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 06:08
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Bunk Pilot,

For what it's worth, I don't think New Tom Cat failed EK selection, but his conduct here has hardly been conducive to civility, so as far as lowest common denominators, I hardly think he soars above others posting here.

No one, least of all I, minimise the limitations of Dubai. It suits some more than others, but I venture very few would choose to live here over a similar situation in a Western Country. Don't worry, we all read Flight from the back first and keep an eye on our options.

For me, the priorities are job security and my kids education, and, as of now, there is no better situation available TO ME- so we make the most of where we are and actually manage to enjoy life and the opportunities presented to us by being here.

But, as I said, all this is beside the point.

Read the thread title.

Tommy is suggesting EK should not be allowed to compete on the Milan JFK route because it might effect the gravy train he is so vocal in lording over us- because he get's paid a shed-load, everyone else needs to keep out of his way.

What makes it a stunningly hypocritical position is that I can assure you from private communications that, in any other matter, Tommy and indeed most highly paid Americans are Tea-Party boosting, Obama Hating, Welfare despising Republicans. If a Pakistani Gardner will work for Tom for $5/hr while his current Mexican charges 6, guess who'll be mowing his expansive lawn the next day!!!

BUT when it comes to HIS pay and conditions, it's all comrades together to gouge the greedy corporate swine for all they're worth!!!

Of course, he should ALSO be campaigning to raise the abysmal pay of pilots flying medium jets with "Delta" on the tail but receiving a pittance because they happen to work for a regional.

Thing is, if they were paid what they were worth, Tommy's airline would go so screamingly broke even Chapter 11 wouldn't save it, and he might have to go and join Spirit on the end of the Union mandated seniority list.

SO WE can't undercut Toms conditions because it might effect his lifestyle.

The regionals MUST undercut others conditions, or else it might effect Tommy's life style.

Do you begin to see a pattern of hypocrisy and entitlement there?