PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Hours Down Again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 05:09
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a business perspective:

Since 1990 airline travel has become far more efficient and cost effective. I recall flying to Darwin in 1993 and it cost around $700. I could probably do that for half these days.

Why would I fly to Melbourne to Hobart Tasmania myself in my company's C182 at a cost of close to a couple of thousand retail when I could fly there on Jetstar or Tiger for $69? Since 1990 the price of Avgas has soared, aircraft hire rates are up and the list goes on.

As much as our time and the time of the CEO or company director is valuable, it's not that valuable when airline travel is so cheap. You can work on your laptop, use Skype and Facetime etc, email with little disruption to your productivity.

Short of travel to places that aren't serviced by an airline or companies with money to burn that believe that their time is worth the cost of running a Citation interstate, there are few reasons for such expense.

Probably a lot are doing as i do when the time wasting survey turns up... to the Bin.
Failure to respond to the survey may cop you a significant penalty. I would be hesitant to continue with this approach to the survey.

Last edited by VH-XXX; 22nd Oct 2013 at 05:11.