PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Assistance Required
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2013, 23:10
SV_741_India_Bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I dont know how helpful this may or may not be.

A friend of mine had his US cpl. As you know, US cpl does not have any expiry date.

For his conversion the rule was 200 hrs in past 1.5 yrs (not India). he too took long to pass papers, etc. etc. about 3 yrs.

At the end he just took and showed his US cpl (no expiry date on it so it was an advantage) plus us logbook signed and stamped.

got license converted just after skill test.

I dont know about India, but those hours you flew in Canada still count around the world (one would assume). You have a Canadian CPL, which is CONVERTED to Indian CPL. You are not training in India. Your CPL should be issued as a recognition of another ICAO license, i.e. Canada. Then again I dont know how things are done in India. I know my students in USA had to comply with several DGCA requirements, so better to refer to someone logical inside the DGCA.

Instead of 200 hrs from fresh I would suggest if your Canadian license has an expiry date on it, just go back to Canada, get your license revalidated. If it has no expiry date, then just go to DGCA with proof of hours and original license. I dont think they can deny you a license on this basis, but again proceed with caution I dont know how things are in Indian DGCA.

Good luck.

To cyrilroy and seniors on this forum, does what I said sound logical? This guy already holds a CPL. If its not valid, he can revalidate it. On the basis of Canadian CPL, he should be issued an equivalent of DGCA. And for that, all of his previous flight experience whether 5 yrs back or 500 should count. Whats your opinion on this? I remember seeing people in USA bringing up old, old hours (more than 5-6 years) to meet requirements for CPL, ATPL.