PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2013, 20:02
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARN & ORD

CATIII-NDB & ATNotts

Stockholm is a bit of a head-scratcher, it started 29-10-12 at around 6 a week until December before dropping to 4 and then about an eighteen day Christmas & New Year holiday before returning at 3/4 a week staying that way to mid April before returning to six a week until 26 June before it when on summer leave until late August.

Now it goes two a week for a few weeks (Wed & Fri) before settling in to three with Sunday on the Blue 1 Boeing 717. Another Christmas break but longer this time until late February. Back to Friday/Wednesday for a week before Sunday is added. Summer has changed again to Mo/We/Fr/Su as a Blue 1 717 all flights. It was 6 a week 737 mix.

The worrying aspect it has had 738 loads (another 738 tonight) which must make some flights near empty based on the average pax.

Prague

Quite amazing and I am surprised Monarch have not tried.

Lisbon

TAP using the Potugalia F100 could be an option, the BMI Baby figures showed that there was leisure interest. Manchester Lisbon failed once and look at it now but I can understand in a way if BHX is well down TAP's must do list. BHX at 5 per week on the F100 or 4 on the 319 could work but I am not sure about a ZB A320 unless 2-3 per week.

VickersVicount

Not sure what your sources were for Chicago but there were rumours before 9/11 that it was marginal. Have things changed...well APD certainly has but I am a firm believer that BHX could support a second transatlantic. However US Air PHL was the wrong airline/destination and although we wished it well it was always going to be a tough ask.

It doesn't really leave a lot of choice on ORD as the 757 is the ideal aircraft for configuration purposes but far too tight on the westbound leg although Manchester -Charlotte is around the same distance.

Looking on the bright side not too much has been lost recently in terms of full service airlines. I suppose the Swiss lunchtime service was the biggest disappointment but that is even happening up the road this winter although they get Swiss mainline on both remaining service whilst BHX gets Helvetic!!!

I wonder if BMI Regional will have a re-think rather than pull-out? Gothenburg seems to be worth persisting with but that alone won't suffice.

Pete