PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Milan-JFK assault
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2013, 19:36
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiz,

Don't worry about Tommy boy ..his two buddies passed the DEC interview here a few years ago...although Tommy says he did not interview - however I suspect otherwise - as with all the most vitriolic posters from afar - this is how they manage their failure. he certainly looked at it. Hardly the principled behavior of someone who talks so passionately about the union and scabs, not to mention the company he keeps.

The reason the US legacies survive is that roughly half the domestic US legacy flying is done by their regional affiliates...shocking conditions for their junior pilots who effectively subsidize their fellow ALPA brothers (?) in mainline. If Tommy could spend as much energy on that issue rather than coming here with his "what if" anger....well I digress.

I started in the regional world and I'll never forget that first day of orientation when a bright and optimistic manager came in to give us the ra ra chat.

I'm paraphrasing to best of my recollection how he finished up.

"Guys finally I'm happy to let you know that you are all eligible for food stamps, the Federal program that provides free food for those on the poverty line...it's a great resource for you, especially the family guys....we would ..ahem...eh ..just ask that you don't pick up your vouchers in uniform"

Nervous laughter!

BTW, tommy that 757 FO (or any rank for that matter) does not receive the following;

Chauffeur driven to and from work.
Cash per diem in local currency on hotel check-in
First $90,000 tax free
Tax free benefit under 2555 of free housing (most are perfectly nice thank you)
If you do stay in. Co. Housing - all utilities free (water, garbage collection, cooking gas, elec security force in gated comm., gas for BBQ, all maint free, free life guard in comm. Pool - the list goes on)
$55000 housing allowance if opt out...lot of guys will have a $1m+ property paid off by the co. When we leave. TVM. Anyone i know is on the 15 yr mort. Plan
Private education support - a lot of us have our kids in excellent schools without having to buy a house in a high tax district in the US to get a good edu.
Work for a carrier that has never furloughed in almost 28 yrs...not to mention never had seniority downgrades due to contraction. How many pilots has DAL furloughed in thy last 28 years?
Interest free car loan
A wide body upgrade in anything less than a coupe of decAdes - I know that's all going to change ...assuming the US doesn't have another recession - happens on average every 7 years.

Loads more I'm sure, but I'm off to Trader Vic's for some cocktails at half off thanks to EPC (or is it Patinum)

A final point on "principles" AA & BA have finally succeeded in enlisting Qatar into their seamless strategic alliance "Oneworld"... DAL got Saudia in Skyteam.

Way to take the moral high ground.

f.

Last edited by fliion; 21st Oct 2013 at 19:43.