PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2013, 16:40
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigel if only

I wish. Nigel

As a regular passenger from BHX, many times in the past and with now, remote Family employment connections to contractors (past) at BHX , and (relatively near miss ATCO candidate: don't Laugh) - Typical SLF, my criticism or more accurately moan, was about the growth prospects of a mesh of European S/H services from Brum.

I was using Stockholm as a potential example of the likes of services to Lisbon (tried) , Prague (tried) and Vienna (tried). OK some of these are a time ago - I was a regular on the ORD' both as end point and onward (San Jose & IND) . Other activities different prospects.

As I said the facility has a positive role and future, but the Economic geography of the UK is well against BHX - Squeezed

I'm told the new facility is very good, and the RWY extension will help, but better informed than me, will recount the routes that have been tried but not survived or prospered sadly for the West Mids.

In a much brighter note: the Monarch engineering facility has the promise of success.

Sorry to be grim. [Passenger Experts for this one: Does familiarity with a facility increase its use in a statistically significant way ?]

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 21st Oct 2013 at 17:05.