PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One of your adversaries is missing...(merged)
Old 21st Oct 2013, 16:06
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mention the war!

AtomKraft, let me whisper something to you, student of history as you fancy yourself to be: We had, arguably, no business becoming involved on the side of Great Britain in either of those "World Wars"!

What of that terrible, terrible Maggie Thatcher, who had no business in the Malvinas? Oh, sorry... Ronald Reagan put her up to that, right?

If you want to follow your own chain of logic, something on the order of "If your aunt had wheels, she would be a tea cart," then you might now be on a par with me, speaking German, just not from choice! That would have depended on us taking your whispers of wisdom seriously, I suppose. Foolish boy....

We had a treaty with the Republic of Viet Nam, and we thought we could help them win that fight with their Communist foes, plus put the frighteners on the Global Communist Conspiracy, so we gave it a shot, and, yes, we lost! Well, one can finesse that a bit to say that it was not our defeat, strictly speaking, but we certainly failed to achieve our aim, the continued existence of the Republic of Viet Nam, and that after many, many lives had been lost.

If Jane is a typical journalist for "the other side," then "Sleep well America!" Gawd! What a way to gather information! A fairly bright school child could find a better way than that to accomplish Jane's stated task! If he flies the way he writes....

Last edited by chuks; 21st Oct 2013 at 16:11.