PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2013, 14:15
Very Sneaky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Winged Wombat
I heard from a guy the other day that there is some sort of final date where they don't accept any further applications for the ADFA. This kind of makes sense really since the end of the year is coming soon and ADFA starts early next year. Need time to make their decisions etc. Applications made after this date may not be considered.

Very Sneaky,
Do you know anything about this?
Not specifically, but I do know that there are university deadlines that need to be met in order to send out offers etc for the following year. I would say that this plays a large role in the cutoff dates for ADFA. Being a part of UNSW, I would imagine it would fall subject to the same regulations. This is standardised for all universities falling under their respective admissions bodies (uac, vtac etc.). There are also a number of administrative issues as you've mentioned.

Having gone through the process myself though, DFR are generally quite efficient in getting candidates who have applied for a particular year on course before these cutoff dates, provided the candidate is organised enough to ensure a spot.