PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2013, 12:37
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flights between Newquay and Gatwick could be thrown lifeline | This is Cornwall

It seems that any PSO route between Newquay and London is not imminent. The linked newspaper report above suggests that Cornwall County Council officials have had initial talks with the DfT about making an application with the Dft saying the matter is now one for the council to decide whether it wants to pursue its application.

The newspaper article also mentions a former board member of Brymon Airways who is reportedly in talks aimed at securing a NQY-LON link which could also involve the reopening of Plymouth Airport. If this has been reported in PPRuNe before I apologise but I must have missed it.

The Wales Government finances the Cardiff-Anglesey PSO route even though there is a regular train link, some services without a change of train, between Cardiff and Holyhead that take less time and operate at greater frequency than Newquay-London trains all of which require at least one change en route. I take the point that NQY serves the wider Cornwall area where some cities/towns such as Truro and Penzance operate more frequently and without train change to the capital although journeys still take as long or longer in some cases than the Cardiff-Anglesey rail route.

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 21st Oct 2013 at 12:38.