PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2013, 10:26
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
know that when I read a CV rugby players and military service stand out to me. Football has the opposite effect.
I can relate to this. When recruiting you're technically supposed to be impartial (more or less) to this type of thing. But we wouldn't be human if it didn't effect us to some degree (even if subconciously). Whenever I think of an applicant who is a footballer I automatically recall hearing footballers giving post-match interviews along the lines of "We done good out there, proud of the boys workrate; 110%. Just didnae get the baw in the back of the net." And the thought of interviewing someone who is that articulate just doesn't really appeal to me. But then I snap myself out of that mindset and try to be impartial. But could I honestly say that person then has an equal bite at the cherry? Probably not. They might come into an interview and impress me, but they'd likely start off with a disadvantage over someone else. Most recruitment - irrespective of where it is - involves an element of the above. Be under no illusions, it'll be the same at BA.