PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - altering checklists
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2013, 10:23
Yan104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,

I just raise this interesting debate on changing cheks -lists of manufacturers , for what I understood, at the initiative of the operating companies . I may know on this purpose that it exists in some major airlines a manual operating sent to pilots, who introduced specifications in terms of use of the aircraft, for example speed and approach paths to reduce noise, or braking methods in touch on the runway. Similarly, there are instructions for the management of the engine thrust at different flight levels to optimize fuel consumption .
But all these specifications have an economic purpose , they aim to reduce the cost of aircraft maintenance by providing its sensitive elements, strongly and regularly tested , and better manage fuel consumption which the expenditure has continues to increase , or avoid penalties for non -compliance in level of Noise Decibels ( Ndb ) in effect on a given airport. It does not affect the basic techniques defined by the manufacturer, according to his logic of building of the aircraft, both in the organization of cockpit controls , and their effects on the mechanical equipements and avionics of the plane.

I think a change of a checklist , the order of its items , can not be done without a close cooperation with the manufacturer , and must be validated by the authorities such as the FAA or EASA . Improved ergonomics of the controls in the cockpit, an updated of softwares and logical protections of automation (with the Airbus concept Fly -By -Wire ) may be requested by crews to the manufacturer, but it’s ONLY HIM that decide what modifications must be do, and he must train crews on them after.