PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2013, 23:18
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wozzo, please see my above post which I have edited and added remarks.

The best we can hope for is realistic suppositions as to "reasons why". There is nothing on the CVR that would settle this beyond the improbability of another's interpretation of the words.

When we first tried out the UAS checklist in conversion training it became very apparent that it was confusing. It still has that potential but we now have an accident that may settle some minds as to what to do. But I would never, ever pull a transport aircraft even to 5deg pitch with a UAS event and said so a couple of weeks after the accident, because it destabilizes a stable airplane. Leave pitch-and-power alone because the airplane was fine moments before the data got lost. The systems will sort themselves out during and after the ECAM actions but the airplane itself as a physical entity had all the energy and thrust it needed to continue to destination, without airspeed indications etc etc. There are numerous alternate ways, long discussed, in how one might determine speed and maintain altitude with such indications lost.

Lest anyone shudder at the re-arguing of this view, fear not. It's done.