PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB Concerned over Military Control Loss of Separation Events
Old 20th Oct 2013, 11:36
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
Pffft.

No point missed!

I believe that if the ADF ATC were resourced in line with the increase in traffic at military airfields we wouldn't talking about this. ASA never 'had' Williamtown for example, and does ASA itself even have the staff for your simple plan?

The reasons for base location are immaterial, and amount to the same outcome anyway so what's your point? And I said 'generally', or were Point Cook, Laverton, Amberley, Richmond, Pearce, Learmonth, Curtin, Weipa, Willamtown, Tindal, Edinburgh, Woomera & Oakey all desirable locations for civil hubs?

With adequate resources, any problem has a solution. The point you seem to miss is that airlines and the tax payers would have to pay a lot more coin if it weren't for the ability to joint-use military facilities. (through either base relocations to even less desirable places, or completely new civil airports)

Finally, to the assertion that the RAAF 'gain' from all this. Really? How much? Can you also comment on what is lost when the increasing civil movements impact on RAAF operations? I suspect you have little idea.