PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battlefield not beyond the courtroom.
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2013, 16:41
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twos in, spot on. The requirement should be that any short term stuff should absolutely not be limited by any laws, other than any generic operational planning and procurement should do the best that is reasonably practicable for any future op.

What gets my goat is the same operational risk issues faced by myself and crews are the same ones I was dealing with10 years ago in Iraq, are widely documented, yet are still ignored, all down to a lack of resource. By the way, the numbers of trained people is the biggest one, with those remaining close to breaking point with a greater workload with far fewer people. It's not as if the planners didn't know a drawdown and pullout was going to happen, so why have they been reducing numbers constantly on Sqns since sdsr? Manpower in logs and aircrew numbers should have been increased a long time before now.

Lack of deployed engineering kit, spares, manpower, lack of decent ground support equipment for the support trades. Iraq 2005, still happening in Afghanistan 2013. And I absolutely believe that if something were to happen as a result of these known issues, the powers that be should be absolutely dry fisted in court as a result.

Last edited by VinRouge; 19th Oct 2013 at 16:43.