PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2013, 12:33
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but what will you do when you get an answer?

If they take into account how long its been are you going to go do some flying beforehand?

If they don't take into account how long its been are you going to do some flying beforehand?

Why are you asking this and how will it change your preparation?

Why would either answer change your preparation if you want this job?

If you don't do additional flying beforehand how are you going to answer the question I am sure you will be asked. You really want to be a pilot, why did you only do ten hours and nothing since for 4 years?

You may say money, a PPL is very doable for anyone with initiative over a period of 4 years even if you live in HKG, if you don't even easier. Do you not have initiative to even get a PPL, and you want us to hire you?

So now your thinking maybe I should do some extra flying as that is a hard question to answer. Now does it matter if they take into account how long ago you last flew? How are you going to prepare differently?

Some of the questions I see posted here just seem to be from worried kids, is this really who we are recruiting?

I can tell you that with 10 hours it is irrelevant if you are given the toughest test or the easiest, if they take into account how long its been or not. The guy sitting next to you will know very easily by the end of that flight if you have aptitude, hand eye coordination and ability to learn. What they get you to do is irrelevant, its how you do it and improve that is what matters.