PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot says Middle Eastern airline defamed, terminated him
Old 19th Oct 2013, 03:48
Stone_cold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AV8r

1) The law re rest is designed to protect the employee from being rostered indiscriminately by employers . The onus is on the individual alone to manage this rest . Not for the company to impose . I suppose the pilots don't "feel fatigued' at any time . I guess it would be appropriate for this company to impose similar curfews on the pilots also ?Would you be so agreeable if the company were to impose this on all . What about alcohol ?Maybe they should stop granting licenses at all ,as some cannot manage their responsibility to report for duty over the 0.0000 limit .

2) A day off is just that ! A continuous period free and undisturbed from all duties from the company . A duty is ; Any continuous period during which a crew member is required to carry out any task
associated with the business of the Company. A rest period : An undisturbed period of time before starting a flying duty period which is designed to
give crew members adequate opportunity to rest before a flight. key word is designed .
What about the imposition of the curfew requirement on layovers also . Again 12 hours prior to pick up also or do you agree and consider it reasonable that QR can control what you do with all your free time ,on and off duty .A company is not empowered to impose anything during rest , arguably it could be said then that this becomes a "duty" if it is a company required "request " .

If there is a violation of regulations(i.e.sleeping on duty) , then deal with the violation , but to suggest that any company dictates where/how one spend one's rest is ridiculous .

If they are so concerned about Muslim laws etc. as you claim , why are a significant amount of the cars , in and out of the c/crew accommodations manned by dishdash attired persons .

If you are blissfully going about your life there , then more power to you , however , maybe you should give thought to what if /when you run afoul of them . I do agree with you on a couple of points , the laws of Qatar protect them and they do hide behind them , but embarrassment /face saving is a concern .

Not sure how long you have been there , but there have been reports of more than a few who have "quietly " won cases against QR or more correctly "settled" . So I too wish him and many more "luck " and more importantly , encourage assistance .