PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed class 1
Thread: Failed class 1
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2013, 18:32
JoshG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talkpedlar, you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about my age and my size, I'm sure if we met you would see I'm not as big as you think.

I have looked into this career choice in depth and have spoken to many people across the board in the helicopter industry about these two issues and my intentions with regard to employment.

All feedback so far (apart from yours) has been positive along with meeting successfully employed instructors that didn't start flying until quite a bit further along in years than myself! I have had the sense not to soley approach schools eager for my money from training that would ultimately lead to me being told what I want to hear.

The CAA have requested further tests to satisfy them that I am eligible for a Class1 medical certificate, and I have fulfilled the additional requirements they have set out. If you know of other cases where they keep coming back with the hope of bullying a "big guy" out of the industry I would be interested to hear about it.

I have flown with the chief instructor of a well known and respected company who is a big chap who didn't start his PPL(H) until he was 38, so your view doesn't really hold a lot of water (IMHO) and I would of thought an "old boy" like yourself would have been a little more encouraging, but you old boys do get a bit grumpy and negative in your old age don't you.
I appreciate your opinion(s) and have taken it on board so you need not mention it in every other post

The appointment with the AME cardiologist went very well today and he is pretty certain his report will satisfy the CAA as the additional checklist requested has been completed. If they still come back with a no then I will pursue the other helpful suggestions posted on this thread, giving up isn't one of them.

Last edited by JoshG; 18th Oct 2013 at 23:49.