PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The system will not allow it.....
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2013, 18:06
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
  • Passengers
  • Consumers
  • Customers
Debate ...

• "Best value for our shareholders"
  • "Best value for our passengers who will then give best value to our shareholders." (aka Look after your customer and your customer will look after you")
Debate ...

I've worked in service industries since I was doing Saturdays in a department store when I was 16. One of the reasons I'm self-employed is that I hated not being able to help my customers.

Here's a simple 'case study' for the 'Children of the MBA line' :
My car is a niche brand and needs attention from those who know it. I am able to drop in unannounced (as I did last week) and ask the proprietor to listen to a funny noise that had just started two days earlier.

He stopped working on a car and listened. "Water pump's going, we need to change that quick". Obviously he didn't charge me for the consultation and I happily paid the cost of going back a couple of days later, paid for OEM parts. I sat in the 'lounge' and worked on free wi-fi and tea until it was done.

Sometimes, he's changed headlamp bulbs and said, "I'm busy at the moment and put it on the slate for your next service" So I'm away in minutes.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen is Customer Service. Irrespective of the computer or not! that kind of service costs more than going to a Kwik-Fit but I cheerfully pay for that service, knowing that my car is in best condition (I only have one car and rely on it for work). People will pay for good service and his good service ensures that I go back AND reccomend him.

To use the vernacular: It's shopkeeping 1.01

Last edited by PAXboy; 18th Oct 2013 at 18:16.