PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The system will not allow it.....
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2013, 10:31
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The system will not allow it.....

Booked a flight with BA with connection over YVR to an AC jazz flight. Advised yesterday the connection had been rescheduled 45 minutes later so we now have an over 4 hour wait at YVR - but there is an earlier flight which I know has space on it. Can I swop please?

No the system is showing no W class seats on this flight ( the aircraft is a dash 8 all economy) but ring Air Canada they might help. I rang and they said they would if Ba contacted them, although later said they couldn't as there were no seats of that class available in the system..

The flight I am on is currently fully booked and the one I want to switch to now has an offer price available and space, it is actually in Air Canada's interest to allow me to switch, they will get higher revenue for the seats I am vacating plus I will not spend two hours in the exec lounge eating all the food and drinks.

No the 'system' will not allow that change, you can book seats on the earlier flight but we cannot refund the seats on the later flight - the 'system' does not allow that either.

Whatever happened to common sense and customer service,can the system not be overidden, so I sit and watch an empty aircraft going where I want to go with space on it and then wait another two hours for the next one which I know is full ... just because the 'system will not allow it"....!

THE WORLD HAS GONE BONKERS!

I feel better now.... !