PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Solo Sign Offs
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2013, 10:04
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only way to prevent an instructor who wants to get their restriction removed after 200 trial lessons and "supervising" 8 QXCs "borrowed" would be not allowing the instructor to supervise these solos or not signing them off afterwards.
Exactly.

All of this is increasingly moot. In the EASA world, all training that requires solo flying by the student, and indeed all training that requires an FI instead of a CFI, has to be performed at an ATO, and the head of training / CFI / whatever of the ATO can make sure that any instructor is appropriately supervised, regardless of whether the instructor is formally restricted or not.
Exactly.

As Head of Training, I have that responsibility. However the PPL side is not something I have had much involvement in previously. Now the RTF has been incorporated into our ATO its fallen into my lap to deal with. I am just seeking advice from those more used to dealing with Instructors at this level as its new to me. All my guys in the ATO have historically been senior instructors as needed for CPL/IR and Type Rating Training.

So am I right in understanding that three solos can be taken per student?