PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Flying- does it really just become a "job" after some time?
Old 8th Mar 2002, 04:20
Pegasus77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Shon7,. .. .I can't think of any pilot who doesn't complain about the management. It seems that is all professional pilots do all day long, just don't pay any attention, it comes along with the job-description.. .. .BUT, the good news is, most of them are pretty content with what they do, with the freedom the job gives, and especially with perfect handflown approaches in nice weather with fantastic views over the most beautiful places in the world, after which you land the airplane softly, taxi to the gate, and there you can even enjoy the sun during a nice walkaround, where you show off with the three or four golden stripes on your sleeves, outside on the apron.. .Then, flying back, with a wonderful sunset, lighted cities below, and an approach where your skills are needed due to storm and rain and the passengers thank you afterwards for your professionalism, you get this feeling of doing something where you feel real, valued and good.. .. .I honestly love it, and cannot come up with any other job out of which I would be able to get this much joy!. .. .P77