PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2013, 18:19
Captain Caveman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fred I'm with you all the way on T&Cs and the pay and agree with you.

I was merely making a comment on crew unhappiness with constant changes which IMO could be down to the model they operate. If Eastern are short of crews and are making money, then again I agree the situation could be improved.

It's a difficult balance to strike but maybe the management need to give a little first in this instance and show something for goodwill and understanding to continue. We are a small outfit and have flight crew living all over the place we are luckily enough to show understanding such as rostering blocks of time off at home but when they are sby at base and say live nearby / relocate for a block of 7 or14 day etc they are more than happy to be flexible within legal limits and it pays dividends for us as well as other small bits and pieces we do for crew. we do rely heavily on our crews to assist given the model we operate. If we did not help each other our business model would not survive, we need crew to be with us and vice versa. The industry is about give and take and sounds like Eastern seem to take ??