PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Milan-JFK assault
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2013, 14:46
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While EK 777 pilots are some of the lowest paid 777 pilots in the world Delta and AA are Industry Leading even with AA coming out of bankruptcy and again they are not working over 90 hours a month.
Filon you are such an idiot.

Don't really care about this debate, but when reading this I just have to respond.

Cash in pocket after taxes and monthly expenses would be how I measure income. By that method I would argue that EK pilots make more than Delta and AA pilots and are some of the highest paid in the world. For an EK Captain to leave EK and return to the USA with a comparable after tax income he/she would have to have a salary in excess of $300,000/year.

It sucks! Look who they are recruiting, 2600 hr narrowbody LCCs. If EK was such a great airline they would be getting top line pilots from top-tier airlines not RJ pilots happy to be flying big jets.

That would be the minimum qualification to join as a new hire F.O.. Remind me again what the minimums are at the U.S. majors? EK has no shortage of former U.S. legacy pilots, European legacy pilots (to include British Airways, SAS, Swiss, Austrian, Lufthansa), as well as Cathay, Singapore, South African Airways, Qantas, and Air New Zealand pilots.

I would argue the average experience and competency of the new hire pilot at EK is far higher than the average one at a U.S. major.

Typhoonpilot

Last edited by typhoonpilot; 17th Oct 2013 at 14:47.