PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilots against hours increase
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2003, 08:25
jshg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have written to my MP & MEP, who passed my comments on to Jacqueline Foster MEP, the Conservative spokesman. She was quite indignant that I thought Simpson's proposals had ignored common sense from those with experience on these matters - she cited her own 26 years of "airline experience". Anybody know what this was? She also said she supported Simpson because it improved the lot of those who had little/no FTL protection. I replied that there was no point in lowering UK FTL standards below CAP371 - which I reckon gives us the bare minimum protection anyway - to make the worst feel better. I await her reply with interest.
Here's another thought that might be worth pursuing. Here in the UK there are signs appearing beside our roads saying "Tiredness kills, take a break". A recent fatal rail crash was caused by a car driver falling asleep and blocking the track, and police have said they regard driving when fatigued as a crime. Simpson's FTL proposals mean we can fly aircraft in a state that mean we should not be driving a car - and we would be unsafe to drive home after duty.