PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2013, 12:27
Captain Caveman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading this thread and I do not work for Eastern. It appears Pilots are unhappy with rosters etc.... I think its important to understand better the business model of Eastern with a mix of Oil charters, schedule work and general ad-hoc charters. What I can say is the booking trend in the ad-hoc businss has some what changed in the last 12 months with a lot more last minute charters, this has an impact - as the carrier does not want to turn down work as it pays the bills and wages and therefore crews will be changed to accomodate these requests so peoples rosters and personal lives get messed around a lot. Our company make it clear the style/type of flying we do and its important for crew to be "on board" with this and understand the our business before they join us. If you want your 4 on 4 off etc the likes if Eastern are not for you and if you are hour building then this a downside to it in the interim you are doing this. From the outside looking in it is a "different" business model to that of other UK carriers and I can fully understand Pilots disliking late changes or constant changes but that is the nature of the beast of the business this airline undertakes.

Just my thoughts !

Regards to all.