PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning/PEXO
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2013, 01:46
Julien33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all

I am going through CASA information booklet again and a couple of things are confusing me a little, the booklet says:

"For climbs and descents the candidate should use the met data closest to the 2/3rd height for the climb, and 1/2 height for a descent, as per paragraphs 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 above"

Let's take a climb to FL330 for example, I used to use FL220 data and therefore interpreted between FL185 and FL235 RWST data but reading the CASA booklet again I am now wondering if I shouldn't just use FL235 data with no interpretation as it's the closest from FL220.

What's your take on that, I have read bob avery handout on tips to speed up and conform with casa accuracy limits but I am just a bit confuse on this one after reading the casa leaflet again.

Also on DP OPS the CASA booklet states that Where a descent to a lower level is required, a “normal descent” as per the B727 Handbook on page 4-3 is to be planned. I always assumed an instantaneous descent to FL130 on that case, did this changed with PEXO or that instantaneous descent assumption is just valid enought for CP and PNRs ?

Thanks heaps,

Julien