PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol Belvedere research
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2013, 19:34
Alex Crawford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristol Belvedere research

Hi,

I'm gathering material for a book on the history of the Bristol 192 Belvedere twin rotor helicopter.

Over the past few weeks I've been browsing through the forum and have made contact with some members of the forum regarding the Belvedere, but thought I'd post a general plea for information.

I plan to have a detailed account of the development work carried out by the Type 173 and the subsequent designs for the RN/RCN/RAF. The bulk of the book will de centred on the service life of the helicopter and will be an almost day-to-day account. As only 26 were produced I should be able to produce a potted history of each airframe. The last part will include detailed walk around type photos of the preserved Belvedere in the UK.

While most of the info will come from official documents held at the National Archives, I want to include first hand accounts from those that flew and maintained these helicopters. I would also like to include some accounts from the troops on the ground who were transported into and out off the their area of operations in Aden and Borneo.

I've had a number of books published and they mostly deal with RAF biplanes of the 30's, although I did do a detailed history of the Mosquito Mk XVIII Tsetse. This will be my first modern aircraft.

If anyone can help in any way I would be grateful. You can either post here, send a PM or email me. My email address is [email protected]

Kind regards,

Alex Crawford