PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2013, 14:37
Teevee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAX_LHR yes, let's look at properly shall we? ryansf has lived in Doncaster for years, and right now I'm living in Rotherham, having previously lived in Rossington and am working at Hayfield School, just a bit further up Hurst Lane than the DSA turn-off. I think your admission that you've never the 'large traffic jams' says it all, as does your admission that you have often travelled that route visiting family and friends ... one normally picks ones time to do that and it isn't 'peak' time. On Sundays you might be able to do it in 15 minutes with every light at green but on weekdays I have to make damn sure I'm coming off the M18 by 7.35 if I want to be sure of getting to school by 8.00. And there's the rub. It isn't just the time, it is the uncertainty of present routes that is a pain. Everything from normal work traffic, to Doncaster Rovers traffic to Bank Holiday B&Q, to busy times at ASDA to the Hall Cross kids stopping traffic every 20 seconds at the pedestrian crossing to get to school at Cantley Bridge can affect it. Time is only ever an issue at any airport if you hit unexpected delays and as far as getting to DSA for a fllight goes, depending on the time it can be a concern. This route at least removes those concerns. And if you'll read my original post properly, I never said anything like this road will be magic provider of pax for DSA, though it certainly isn't going to do the place any harm. Never mind just Finningley and Rossington, it'll work wonders for the whole of Doncaster.

Last edited by Teevee; 15th Oct 2013 at 14:41.