PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot training and conversion from South Africa CAA to EASA License
Old 14th Oct 2013, 22:30
Yp12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot training and conversion from South Africa CAA to EASA License

Hi all,

To begin with, I am a from the UK looking to do my Pilot training up to Commercial. I started here in the UK and due to the weather I haven't really progressed. After speaking to a few people and recommendations I have come across a school in South Africa named; 43 Air School. I have seen the courses offered and would like to start with a PPL with the possibility of continuing it further up to commercial (depending on how I find it in South Africa). However to do it there I would need to do it according to the South African CAA. If I wanted to convert it to an EASA licence (PPL/CPL) what would I need to do. I have looked at the UK CAA site but I cant seem to figure it out. If anyone has been there and/or done a conversion from SA CAA to EASA, could you please advise me on what you did. OR if anyone has an idea about it or other suggestions please feel free to tell me. I would really appreciate any advice.