PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's how to get a job in Canada
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2013, 20:08
justagigolo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is this second group that needs to read and understand justagigolo77's post. I do not believe that this same response would be given were the post asking about a specific company, or help with specific research. It is the high level, "give me all the information and forms" that is angering many of the posters.
This is true for all the odd numbered bullet points, however, for those actually "reading between the lines" there is some pretty solid information in there and in subsequent posts, in my opinion anyways.

Truth be told, the sarcasm was accidental and just sort of flowed as I was typing it, as someone in another thread pointed out, it's "colonial sarcasm" in play. I'm sure most who have read these forums regularly get so sick of answering the same question over and over to the point where, "Why bother answering if people aren't going to read or believe what I'm saying anyways?" Who does that benefit?

There are a lot of out of work or under utilized aspiring pilots in Canada and it is frustrating to hear over and over again "I have jaa this and this and easa that, I want to build time in Canada, how do I do it?" and then when they get an answer they don't like, cry foul and call us "eternal pessimists" and "aviation snobs". I'm not here to make friends or have someone take jobs from more deserving citizens. Take my info or don't, I couldn't care less, but I'm sure there will be some intelligent people who will not have to waste their, or others time, writing posts and waiting for responses because of what is written above, and those are the people I appreciate and will always lend a hand to help.

Got a client, got to run

Last edited by justagigolo77; 15th Oct 2013 at 01:26.