PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaglor Sky Scooter
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2003, 19:28
smarthawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kingy

I can shed a bit of light on your purchase. Your Scooter was built over a period of 22.5 years by Dennis W Evernden (hence the registration G-BDWE).

Dennis has been very ill recently and must be well in to his 80s, living in Bedfordshire. For many years he was duty pilot with the Walkbury Flying Club at Sibson, Peterborough and he was still working their when I joined there full time as the club engineer in 1990.

It once appeared in an unfinished state at the PFA Rally, I'm not sure when. It's initial flying was done by Carl Tyres at Windmill Aviation, Spanhoe and then continued by Peter Grist.

Dennis was very much a builder but he did fly it a few times from Sibson. When Dennis retired from Sibson he had to sell it as he couldn't find anywhere closer to home to hangar it.

It was flown for a while at Sibson, then lay dormant for a while and eventually moved over to Fenland. I think it was also based at a farm strip nearby.

The machine was beautifully built by a true craftsman (I don't understand how people do things in wood and fabric - aluminium all the way for me and my RV-6!) and is one of the old school PFA machines, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with it.

The machine is certainly the only one in the UK and possibly in Europe.

We've got various photos at Sibson of it in its early days, give Patrick a ring on 01832-280289 if you want some copies - I can scan them and email them to you.

Cheers, Jerry