PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar (Doha) ATC for new Airport
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2013, 22:02
CuitoCuanavale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dazed&Glazed;

Fair-do's...second part of your question first:-

Gratuity is one months Salary for every year worked up to a maximum of 10 yrs based on your most current Salary. I deem it a good one as it is based on your full current salary, whereas most others run on a sliding scale basis...but admittedly theirs runs the course of your employment...whereas ours at the moment runs for 10 yrs only.

Whether direct hire or through a second party (currently SERCO)....based on the current staff strength and what is projected for Hamad International (New Doha International Airport)...I will be surprised to see a 'surplus' scenario evolve. However, playing devils advocate .... if such a status quo were to emerge ... there are many other projects that are also up and running ... and will need attention ... Al Khor airport for a growing GA fraternity, our Training Department etc, etc. AS you put it, my 'gut' feeling, based on my time here and knowledge of current management .. well, unless you are the architect of your own demise, if you have kept your nose clean, as-it-were and suddenly find yourself in a 'surplus' scenario...my Director has proven over the years a willingness to assist employees as far as he possibly can.

Hope this addresses your two points - ciao.