PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2013, 15:47
champair79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers. One final question. I believe BAs 772 are undergoing refurbishment... How many have been done does anyone know?

I'm flying to JFK in Jan 2014 and am hoping for the new cabin....
Chrisy08,

The 777 refurbishment has been completed. All of the older birds (G-ZZZ* and most of the G-VII* series plus G-RAES) were done. These were all the aircraft that had the old GMIS video tape 'loop' system. These all now have New First and the new style WT+ and WT seats (along with the Thales AVOD system).

The aircraft that weren't done were the ones already fitted with the Rockwell Collins system (the same system that is used on the 747s and 767s). These include all of the LGW 777s, G-VIIX/Y and all the G-YMM* series.

JFK is served by a mixture of all types. I'd say your chances are about 50/50 if I'm honest. If you manage to get a 777-300ER service, then this will be guaranteed to have the new interior (unless there's a last min aircraft change). Good luck!

Due to fly lhr to yyz next wed. With all negative comment about LOT and Norwegian 787 just wondering how aircraft is performing for BA?
Has anyone been on a BA 787 service? How did you rate it?
dochealth,

Although I don't have specific figures, the 787 has been performing much better than it has for LOT and Norwegian. Like all new aircraft coming into a fleet, there will always be teething problems. I am not aware of any services having to have been cancelled or switched to another aircraft type though. At worst, a few hours delay. Most of the flights are leaving on time and there is usually a standby aircraft to cover the YYZ and EWR services depending on the day. The only negative comments I've seen have been the seating in traveller being quite tight. I've not flown the aircraft so I can't really comment. I'm sure you'll have a great time on board.

Regards,

Champ