PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senior Aviation/Austin Aviation
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2013, 12:38
wrekin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not the full story?

Regarding this thread involving Senior Aviation and Austin Aviation. I am a SFH pilot who flies occasionally using Austin Aviation`s helicopters and having read all of the above, I feel compelled to put the record straight, so to speak, about some of the comments.
First of all, I know Austin Aviation and Senior Helicopters are different companies and have different offices on the airfield. I don`t know very much about Senior Helicopters, but I know that Austin Aviation DO fly 10 minute flights for potential trainee pilots supposedly being taken on by Senior Helicopters, but no way are they paid the £290 as is being suggested by some of the comments above. In fact, I think it is nearer £80 per 10 minute flight, but it could be less.
As for the trainee pilot who was taken on by Senior Helicopters, I saw the article in our local paper and I have seen the lad concerned while I have been at Austin Aviation offices. I happen to know that he has been having lessons paid for by Senior Helicopters and that my instructor has personally coached him for his Air Law Exam on several occasions, I also know the lad has been paid a weekly wage by Senior Helicopters to study, but has instead been working for another company at the airfield on the quiet instead of studying! No wonder he failed his exams and this is a most unfair comment against Austin Aviation, who have always acted fairly and with integrity in any dealings I have had with them.