PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More flak for defence sec!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2013, 11:54
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
Station Commanders used to be the equivalent of Mayors (more like the continental variety, rather than UK political appointees) of their "towns". They had their budget and spent it according, in their view, to how it would best work for the Morale and Efficiency of their command. Of course it wasn't consistent.
So his nibs decided that at staish of an operational station he wanted an office looking out over the airfield.

Now the man who actually ran the airfield had such a nice office so he was evicted. He still wanted to see what was going on so in turn he evicted the guy who managed the airfield on his behalf. In turn he evicted the SNavO who only needed a windowless cubby.

But OC Ops's new office didn't have room for a conference table so a wall had to be knocked down. He also wanted to be able to call his PA, who now had to share an office with the staish's PA, so another hole had to be knocked in the wall.

But simples, the staish had the budget.

'Lo, the following tour the new staish had had enough of running airfields and had a wg cdr to do that. He wanted to command the whole station and there was only one place to do that!

Apart from a piano burning incident he did rather well for himself and the other man retired as a gp capt.

Sometimes there is justice.