PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2013, 09:17
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it won't be long before EMA catches Liverpool in annual pax numbers.
It possibly will for the 2013 total.

With LS expanding significantly next year also and LPL so far with no expansion (EZY I believe have a complete schedule with the same if not slightly less flights than this summer due to the odd W pattern away from LPL), it is really down mainly to what FR delivers.

This year FR are about as big at EMA as LPL (summer schedule bigger at EMA, but winter bigger at LPL) so if that trend continues, 2014 could make EMA even more bigger than LPL overall. I know it's very early days for that and is still plenty of opportunities for that to change but I personally can't see any expansion at LPL as big at LS's at EMA next year.

So far all of 2014's growth for EMA is from LS, the biggest worry is BE as they have been cutting flights for the winter and to an extent FR. Obviously due to their STN deal with MAG, they have to cut some capacity at other airports. They have said it "won't effect" LPL routes but with EMA also being owned by MAG, I can't decide whether that may put EMA at an advantage or puts in in danger of FR cuts next year.