PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar (Doha) ATC for new Airport
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2013, 19:29
dazed&glazed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doha 2013 recruitment

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to answer a few questions I have regarding Doha ATC (I have an assessment shortly)?

I have obtained most of the common facts but can't seem to find an answer to a few niggling ones I have so here goes

1- what is the average pass rate for people trying to validate? From what I've seen it looks high up the difficulty scale so would be interested to know?

2- what will happen to staff when they have finished transitioning the two airports? Is there potential to have surplus atco resource resulting in contract termination?

3- accommodation. How far is the accom from work where they put you up and how many rooms does it have and it's furnished status

4- training accom. I believe that when training you have to pay for your own accom. Is there a standard place where everyone stays and if so what is the approx cost?

5- training standards. What is the atmosphere like between Ojtis and trainees? In my experience this is a huge factor in successful validation and is it true that it is 4 a months training cutoff? How many hours training could one expect?

6- is there a offshore fund (to compensate for no pension) and is there a golden goodbye scheme like they had in Dubai ( after five years service you get a lump sum)

Hugely grateful for any time spent replying to this!