PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar 787's
Thread: Jetstar 787's
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2013, 05:07
Normasars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KEG,

I understand that the "group" currently does operate the same type on different awards ala 330. That is an entirely different scenario.

That was to launch JQ wide body long haul ops, and they were offered the work on those conditions or told there would be a Greenfields operation set up to crew the 330 if they didn't accept it. And the rest is as they say, history.

This is a totally different case. The aircraft will be established and in service in the group and under the JQ LH award. Mainline LH is already established, there is no bargaining tool. I think history can attest to QF mantra "If you don't accept what is offered, they will all go to JQ!" So all things being equal, QF mainline may be offered the a/c under a similar pay scale(or preferably less), or miss out!

I'm glad you find it amusing Keg, but that wasn't the context in which I made the statement. Nowhere in my previous did i say "you were over priced". Don't try and put words in my mouth. I do agree with you that agreeing to a deal is a better outcome than redundancies. However, I and no doubt many others here will find it quite ironic if that "deal" corresponds to what is essentially the JQ package that so many here have been criticised for by so many others for accepting, in order to put food on the table.
I will stand on my statement that you may get to fly the 787, but it will not be on the conditions that you are currently enjoying.

In the end, history may prove me wrong, but I doubt it.